A stunning oval Art Nouveau marble plaque featuring the work of Louis Alexandre Bottee (French, 1852-1940). This plaque, a bust of a woman with amazing detail, was produced in 1889 by the process of casting fine marble dust. It was created for the 1889 Exposition Universelle World Fair held in Paris, France. The 3d relief plaque is framed in an antique giltwood and gesso frame. The plaque features a seated lady in robes with flower garlands set in a profile view. The verso of the plaque contains an embedded medallion designed and dated for the 1889 Exposition Universelle. This item measures 18 ½” x 16” x 2” . The oval plaque visible portion measures 14” x 10 ½”.
The plaque is in excellent condition and the gold leafed frame is in good used condition for it’s age with wear and aging to the gold gilding as would be expected of an item this vintage. It very much looks like the fine original antique that it is.
- Five Star Ratings Galleria Migliori is RATED FIVE STARS on both Etsy and eBay.
- Free Shipping to the continental United States. Please contact us for shipping to other locations.*
- Fast Shipping We prepare and ship all items within 48 hours of ordering.*
- Free Returns Within seven days.*
- Item Condition *
* READ THE Galleria Migliori Policies PRIOR TO ORDERING.
Thanks for viewing: Art Nouveau Marble Plaque Louis Alexandre Bottee (French, 1852-1940)